The day of the exam…
- February 7, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Uncategorized
A lot is always spoken about exams and preparation. In fact in this series too, we have written exclusive blogs on the 8Rs technique of preparing for exams and the importance of presenting the answers well in exams.
In this post, we shed some light on the ‘DAY of the EXAM’. All preparation by the student is put to test on the day of the exam; the right approach on this day can make the exam go really well and deliver higher value in terms of marks.
Here we present some essential things to be done on the day of the exam.
- Make Photostat (Xerox) copy of your hall ticket / Admit card as soon as you receive and keep it in a safe place. Keep the originals very safe.
- Make sure you have sufficient stock of stationery and they are all working well.
- Keep hall ticket / Admit card and school/college I card in the bag.
- Go to bed early the previous night of the exam.
- Refrain from using smartphones before going to sleep.
- A minimum of 7-8hrs of sound sleep the previous night would make a world of good on the day of the exam.
- Wake up at your regular time.
- Some deep breathing and a big glass full of water, early in the morning, should help in keeping your mind and body fresh.
- Revise only the most important topics and those you feel needs a review.
- If you are on some medication, which causes drowsiness, ensure you do deep breathing exercise, as it drives drowsiness.
- Avoid last-minute learning. It would not only consume time but also cause tension.
- Remember to wear a watch.
- Do not skip breakfast.
- Reach the exam venue at least 30 minutes before the commencement of the exam.
- Before you go to the exam hall, pay a visit to the washroom, it is not a great idea to seek permission during the exam to ease yourself.
- Check your pockets, pouch etc., and make sure that some working sheet or bits of paper are not left behind.
- Once you reach your place in the exam hall, check your surroundings, the desk, the floor etc., and make sure there are no stray bits of paper lying anywhere. If found, inform the invigilator and dispose of it.
- Abstain from discussing anything in the exam hall. Do not smile or signal at others in the room. Focus and write.
- As soon as you receive your answer script and question paper, remember to write your Reg. No. and other details correctly on them. Read the instructions well before you start answering. Listen to the invigilator’s instructions carefully.
- Do not write or mark anything on the question paper
- Read the entire question paper well, take time to understand the questions well and later start answering. Do not rush with your answers, give each question and answer its due.
- Writing answers in the same order as the questions would be a very good idea.
- Once you are done with the exam, it makes no sense in discussing the answers you wrote, suppose the answer is wrong, it will disturb you and affect the following exams. So just forget the exams that have concluded.
We wish you all the best for your upcoming PUC and Class X exams.
Ms. Shobha Venkatesan
MICA PU College